Saturday, July 31, 2010

My house my Castle- My house my Abbey



I have always had aspirations of living in a Castle but having now set my eyes upon and visited Mont -St- Michel , castle life seems less meaningful and appealing . Surrounded by tidal waters, quick sand to ward off unwanted visitors , spectacular views and incredible architecture , a truly wondrous place .

I can just visualise Mark as a Monk with the black robe, gentle welcoming face of serenity and knowledge sitting in the library reading . (I am not joking here).

Monasteries , place of scholarship and learning where people from all over the world visited bringing their ideas and knowledge . Famous libraries with hundreds of manuscripts . Places of exchange.

The following photographs are of the inside of the Monastery

The l'eglise abbatiale ( The Abbey church )

The le cloitre (Cloister )


Un ecoloincon du cloitre
(ecoloincon the cloister)

Le promenoir des monies

(The promenade of ceremonies )

No comments:

Post a Comment