Saturday, October 2, 2010

Swimming with the crocodiles- nearly !




Canoe ride with the crocodiles , not my idea of fun at all but it was all too late by the time I perched my bottom on the wooden stool in a very narrow wooden canoe! Three people, Mark, me and Eso. I am sure that if there were more people the canoes would have been better balanced. My knuckles were white by the time we reached the back 45 minutes and 5 crocodiles later. It was one of the few times in my life when I didn't speak...at all! I had to concentrate so as not to move suddenly as whenever I did move the canoe started to tip from side to side. I hated it when Mark turned around to say " how are you?'. He should have really been asking " are you still there! "

On our second day in Chitwan Arun organised a day of adventure for us. Up early in the morning before the heat of the sun we went for a canoe ride in a wooden canoe , a walk through the jungle , Chitwan National park, to the Government elephant breeding centre followed by a jeep ride back to our accommodation ( a resort in Sauraha-photo).

Oh some luxury! Cold showers , which I now love due to the heat, and a european toilet!



No comments:

Post a Comment